Monday, March 22, 2010

My sweet girls!

This is my Emily, holding my Sophie. Emily is 5 years old and is the smartest kid I know. She loves anything pink, be that clothes, toys, food, crayons, books, anything. Just so long that it is pink. She also loves to read... books, signs, anything. She recently has become interested in anything karate and I love seeing her try "new moves". We started the Sing, Spell, Read and Write program about a year ago and my girl has blossomed. In January she got her glasses and now, it seems strange to see her without them.  She has a sweet, reserved personality and I think she is gonna be something special.





This is my Savannah, holding my Sophie. Savannah just turned 3 this February and she is very proud of her three-ness. She has the spunkiest personality I've met in a person this small. She is also, the busiest little person... always into something. She loves to help me or her daddy cook. She loves everything pertaining to baby Sophie, although her love is a little violent. She loves to dance and boy, can she make that body move! Savannah also likes the color pink, but not to the degree that her sister does. She also enjoys bright colors, her current favorite being a bright green. Savannah is quite an amazing person.


I never pictured myself as a mother of all girls, but evidently someone did, because here I am, three little girls later. And I tend to think I have adjusted quite nicely. Although if I complain too much about all the emotional drama associated with raising three small girls, Brian always gives me a knowing look. I'm not quite sure what the look means, but I have a general idea.

Ross King's new cd "Words that Rhyme with Orange" has a song that talks about how much we love our kids. One of the lines is: "I love you more than all the water in the ocean, more, than all of my other emotions..." When I first heard the line about emotions, I thought it was silly. But the more I thought about it, the more I liked it. Of course, I love them more than how frustrated I can get... or how stressed I am... or how tired I am... or how much I would love to have just 45 minutes of uninterrupted time with their daddy... or how crazy they are. I love them more than I love clean floors or unspilled milk or cheeto-less fingers or me-time.

And most of the time, they make it easy, because after all, they are my sweet girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment