Wednesday, June 2, 2010

The Busiest Room in the House

 
This is a picture of my bathroom, it is, hands down, the busiest room in house. On top of all the typically bathroom business that takes place here, my washer and dryer are here. The dryer is in the corner by the sink and the toilet. In the picture on the right is the washing machine and the tile to the bathroom.

I am incredibly grateful to have a dryer. The majority of laundry is dried by hanging it outside a window on a clothesline...

With as much laundry as I have to do with three small children and two grown-ups, I'm so grateful my flat came with a dryer.

I don't think we have been in the house, but the washer and dryer has been going. Laundry is a full-time job here based on two complications:
    The first thing is the size of the washers and dyers. You can fit one queen size sheet in a load. Or one pair of jeans and 3 shirts. Or about 4 or 5 child sized outfits.
    It takes about 2.5 hours for the washer to run a full cycle. Then it takes 2.5 hours for the dryer to dry the laundry and sometimes longer depending on the type of material or amount of items you have stuffed into the load.

So where ever you are and whatever you do, just know: 
over here on this side of the ocean, I'm doing laundry.

No comments:

Post a Comment