Friday, September 3, 2010

My Emily Can Read!

Today Emily successfully completed the Sing Spell, Read, and Write program. I'm so proud of everything she has accomplished.


We started this program about a year and a half ago because she was begging me to teach her to read. And we have really enjoyed it. There are songs, worksheets, readers, games and Emily has excelled at it. She has impressed her daddy and me over and over again with her sharp little mind.


Before we left the States I purchased the preschool program for Savannah, but we haven't been very dedicated to it. However, that changed the day I found her weeping and wailing on the floor of the kitchen because she couldn't write her letters. So now Savannah has joined us in our scholastic endeavors.


And with the completion of the program for Emily, we now look forward to 1st grade. Emily is ecstatically awaiting our box of school supplies and is thrilled to be in 1st grade now. We also ordered some preschool books for Savannah, but she keeps asking me when she can be in 1st grade like Emily. Everyone wants to grow up too fast!

1 comment:

  1. What great news about your girls' accomplishments, and what adorable pictures! Thanks so much for posting! Congratulations on being a successful home school mommy! I think the best definition of success in this department is when your kids actually LIKE school and are excited to learn! Way to go! :-)

    ReplyDelete