Tuesday, April 19, 2011

The MRI

If there is anything uncomfortable about undressing and wearing a paper hospital gown in the States, imagine wearing one in an Arab world. Where only the hands, eyes, nose, chin and mouth can been seen of the woman handing you this gown of humiliation.

This particular gown felt transparent and very small, although in reality, it was quite adequate as far as paper hospital gowns go. I was dreadfully concerned with the paper belt coming undone and my womanliness being shown to the whole Arab world.

And that was the worst portion of the MRI. I made an appointment for 4:30 in the afternoon. I showed up at 4:30 and signed in. By 4:40 I was in the dressing room, changing into my paper gown. And by 5:15 I was back on the street, looking for a taxi to go home.

There are some perks to making appointments here. My experience with the neurologist has been the rarity. All of my other assorted Doctor's visits have been much more punctual and the whole visit would cover your average sit-in-the-waiting-room time in the States.

Tonight, I picked up the scans and read the report from the technician. There are no abnormalities in my brain.


I'm gonna live!
I'm not gonna go bald! Yay!

Brian and I have decided that based on the information from the neurologist, most likely these head tingles are related to fatigue. And after getting some extra sleep over the past couple of days, I have noticed a marked decrease in the feelings.

I now have a medical reason to request sleeping in on the weekends. Yes!

1 comment: