Thursday, May 12, 2011

The Noise Outside My Window....

is inspiring my daughter.

The neighbor kids have gotten a violin-type sounding toy. It squeaks and wails in a high-pitched shrill noise.


It is miserable to be subjected to.

However, Emily and I just had the following conversation:

Emily: "Mommy, my friends all got this toy like a violin. Except its a stick with a string and its pink and yellow and it has the same kind of strumming thing like a violin. It must be a an Egyptian violin. And I want one."

Me: "Emily, do you hear that atrocious noise outside? that is that toy! I don't want one of those toys!"

Emily: "I promise, promise, promise to only play it outside."

Me: "Emily, you know I'm not going to believe that for a second."

Emily: "How about if I still want one when I'm nineteen?"

Me: "Then yes. Absolutely you may have one."

1 comment:

  1. HA! That's super cute. Sweet girls! Hope ya'll are well!

    ReplyDelete