Friday, November 11, 2011

Mummies

As part of school today, Emily and I were reading this book: Mummies Made in Egypt by Aliki.


We were having a good time, chatting about it and taking turns reading and Savannah had joined us.

When we read the part about how the embalmer pulled the brains out through the nose with a wire hook and how they would cut a slit in the body to extract the organs, Emily took a break to inform me about her feelings on the matter.

"Mommy. Just a minute. I don't know why they did this, but it is weird. Mommy. I do not want to be mummified when I die. Because I think it would feel weird. And I don't want to feel weird after I am dead."

And she was so serious. I quickly reassured her that we would not "mummify" her when she dies.

"Please, Mommy, just bury me. The normal way."

I promised. 

No comments:

Post a Comment