Friday, November 4, 2011

Quick Takes (Vol. 5)


Wow. It has been a long time since I've done this... sad. But there is no time like the present. Yes? Yes!

1: The Someday House
I was over at a friends house the other day, admiring her new bookshelf. When I have a house, someday, when I'm all grown up. I would love to have something like this.... In the school room... or play room... or kids room... But somewhere I need this!


2: Fagnoon
A couple of weeks ago, when our friends were visiting, we went to Fagnoon, an art place for kids. In this picture, Emily is making "sawdust art". She drew a picture on the board with a pencil, traced it with glue and then sprinkled colored sawdust over the glue. It turned out really cute. Savannah is making "bead art", she also drew a picture (actually, I drew it), traced the drawing with glue and then used beads to create the picture.

Fagnoon also has really fun rope swings that all of my children could spend hours swinging in.


3: Friends

We had some friends come visit about a week ago. My girls were so excited and happy to have them come stay with us. Emily liked having someone her age who spoke English and could understand everything she said.

4: 25 Weeks!
Savannah took this picture of me when we were in the Fort at Quad Bay a couple of weeks ago. (Today I am  27 weeks along, but no one wants a picture of me today. Another day, when I am out of "house clothes" I'll try to snap a picture.) 
I know I keep saying this, but this pregnancy is running away with me. I cannot believe how fast the time is flying by. It feels like just yesterday I was taking that pregnancy test and then another one... and another one... just to be sure. 


5: Glucose Test
This week was my scheduled glucose test... you in the States who think you have it bad... no way. You get to take your nasty stuff home with you and drink it ahead of time and you only get poked with a needle one time. Be grateful.
The nurse took my blood before they gave me the nasty-sweet syrup. Then an hour later, they took blood again. And then an hour after that, they took it a third time. My poor veins were not very happy. 


6: Sophie and the Baby

I've been worried about Sophie's reaction to our upcoming addition. However, when our friend's were here with their 5 month old little girl, Sophie was so sweet with her! She loved to hold her and patted her gently and rubbed her fuzzy little head. She called her "baby" and even when I held her, she did not show any jealous reaction to her. Sometimes she would come over and ask to hold her or pat her. Occasionally, she would make room for herself on my lap. But she never seemed to be jealous or mad at her. Because of this, some of my concerns about her jealousy of the new baby are laid to rest. Which makes me happy indeed.


7: Blue Hands

2 comments:

  1. Hey Christy, I just love reading your blog about life. You have such a cute sweet family :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are looking so cute, my friend! I hope that when I'm pregnant one day I will look as cute as you do. :) It was great to see these pics and read the latest! Loving your blog from far-away Bolivia!

    ReplyDelete