Friday, January 27, 2012

Baby Things

One week from today, insha'allah, we will be holding our new baby-person! I've had several people ask me how I feel lately and my answer has been the same: I really don't know. I'm excited to meet this person who has been rolling around and kicking inside of me. At the same time, c-sections are not fun and recovery is even less fun. I've done this a few times; I know the types of things to expect.

As I've followed the news in Egypt, I know how stressed I would be to try to have a c-section there. It is amazing to me how God has laid out our lives. It is always easy to second-guess big decisions, particularly when they happen as quickly as our move across the ocean. However, I haven't done any second-guessing this time. It is much too evident that even though this was quick move for us, God had been orchestrating this move at this time for a very long time. And it is obvious to us that we are exactly where we are supposed to be. Its a good feeling.

However, I do miss Egypt and think about her people so much. I'm thankful for the times I got to spend during that last week with my Egyptian friends. The hugs and the tears with two of my girls friends and how sweet when another friend took a gold bracelet off her wrist and gave it to me "because I had no time for another gift." I'm thankful that I had enough time to finish packing and clean the house before the van came to pick us without feeling rushed. I smile when I think about several of Brian's friends who caravaned with us to the airport and the last goodbyes there. And I wish I had been able to say "Goodbye" to my friends at my grocery store and vegetable stand.

But, as with any phase of life, it is exciting too look forward. My nesting has taken a different shape this time around. Typically, I like to organize and clean... but this isn't my house and the majority of it isn't my stuff (we are in a furnished house). There isn't much to organize or deep clean. Because none of it is "my stuff" I want to go buy stuff. But it is hard to buy stuff when it isn't your house, because you don't want to buy curtains when you don't know what the windows will be like in 6 months. But it is fun to buy teeny-tiny clothes and socks and diapers for teeny-tiny bodies and toes and hieneys. :)

Exciting, too, is talking about what area of town we want to live in or schooling options for the girls. Activities we want them to be involved in and what we want our lives to look like. Family goals and life-style conversations. What we want our house to look like and what kinds of things we want in the back yard, things like swings and grills.

As with all the previous changes in our lives, it seems as God is leading and directing in these things, as well.
And that is exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment