Friday, March 12, 2010

personalities

My two older girls, Emily and Savannah, went to a garage sale with Granny this morning. She told them they each could pick out one toy.

I have always found sibling dynamics interesting, especially how it relates to getting stuff. I always expect Savannah to pick out and want exactly what Emily picked out. But, Savannah marches to her own drum and will pick out her own thing, typically different than what her sister chose. Sometimes, Emily will decide that she wants what Savannah chose and mimic her younger sister with her choice. I find that interesting.

But at a garage sale, you can't each pick the same thing. And there are limited choices.

Savannah came home with a 2.5 foot long sword.
Emily came home with a fishing pole.

Indicative of personality? I think so.

Savannah is outside riding around on her tricycle, dragging her sword along with her. Emily is swinging on a swing, fishing.

Kids are so very funny.

1 comment: