Tuesday, May 4, 2010

UnImportant Information

I'm sitting here trying to decide between a nap or some "browning" (read as procrastinating from everything else I should be doing, being 12 days away from moving across the pond). But, I thought I would jump up here and post a quick post.

My plan is to post about our loverly weekend away in Fredericksburg soon. But good posting needs a good picture, so I have to upload pictures first. And that will have to wait.

I joined an organization called Freecycle in our area a few months ago. I typically don't "win" any postings, but I am constantly amused by strangers email addresses. The majority are just first and last names, but a few are a little more creative.

My favorite is "stonerdebbie". Seriously? I hope "stoner" is her last name, but how am I to know? And I'm not going to donate baby clothes to "stonerdebbie". Sorry.

Another one that popped up in my inbox is "hottdove". Is that in contrast to the cool blue jay?

"pupsformrh" is another one that confuses me a little bit. Are you wanting dog babies for the "Mr" of the household? Don't they grow up so that the pups become dogs and now your email address is outdated?

"krazeeredhead" thats funny. I actually kind of like that one.

"nearly5foot3" makes me wonder... does she feel vertically challenged?

But what about "babyclimber"... should I call CPS? that seems a little strange to me.

People typically choose screen names and email address about things that are important to them. I.E. the numerous references to sports ("arrazorback") or their grand-kids, like "txnonie". There is even a nod to donuts, "Krispi Kreme" and yes, the capital letters were already there.

Ok. I'm off to find something else UnImportant to do while my babies are sleeping :)

No comments:

Post a Comment