Monday, June 7, 2010

The Smartest Room in the House

It is hard to get pictures of square rooms... but I'm doing what I can, just for you!


This is where we keep our books... (hence, the name The Smartest Room in the House - and I couldn't think of anything else to follow my theme;)

This is where we sleep and where baby Sophie sleeps... we actually just bought a crib for her yesterday, which was really exciting. I'm looking forward to setting it up and using it!

I'm showing you this picture to point out that right next to our bedroom is the girls bedroom, and I plan to show you that room tomorrow. If you go out our bedroom door and turn right, there is the Busiest Room in the House.

We have been told that Egyptian homes typically do not have "master bathrooms" like in the States. Nor do they usually have built in closets. They use massive pieces of furniture, which you saw the corner of ours in the second picture, right corner. I actually really like it. But don't use it as much as it was intended to be used, due to the cost of hangers. You would pay several dollars for 6 clothes hangers. And I can't bring myself to do that. So we fold everything and put it in the middle section.

1 comment:

  1. Christy, saw the pic of the bookshelf, in my professional opinion, Brian is the only guy on the planet who would carry a copy of T. Aquinas half way around the world.

    ReplyDelete