Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Adventure at the Khan: the Mosques

Well, actually, adventure is a bit of a misnomer.... it was more the combination of a long ramble, 4 mosque tours, one grumpy 3 year old and a trouper of a 6 year old and angel of a baby. But it was fun.


The Khan al Khalili is a maze of mosques, shops and streets. Plenty of opportunities for pictures:






I snapped this picture... and then I fussed at Savannah to climb down. I have no idea what the significance is of the gazebo in the middle of the courtyard in the middle of the Mosque. However, I am sure they don't want a three-year-old climbing in it. No matter how cute she may be.




The last Mosque we visited was a bit off the beaten trail and for 20 pounds we got to go upon the top of it. Our tour guide, who spoke very little English, took this picture for us. I think he also had trouble with his eyesight... after he took the picture he looked at the screen about 2 centimeters from his face. So, I forgive him for everything I see wrong in this picture :)

No comments:

Post a Comment