Friday, October 22, 2010

Emily gets a hair cut!

In my last post, I mentioned that Emily and I had recently gotten hair cuts. Here are a couple of pictures from the adventure.



 We had quite the talk about how she wanted it cut because for awhile she had been telling me that she wanted it long like Savannah's. However, when I mentioned I was going for a cut, she asked if she could come with me and get her hair cut too. I told her she was the boss of her own hair and she could choose if she wanted it cut or not. I can't remember all of the conversation about who was the boss of what, but I remember laughing at her interpretation of being the boss of her own hair.

Savannah was adamant about not having her hair cut. She wanted to come and watch. But in no way was she letting scissors near her hair. "Hair grows" she kept insisting. Brian pointed out to her that if she didn't ever cut it, it would grow down to the floor. Then, she conceded, "we will have a trim. But hair grows."


She was quite happy with the way it turned out. And when we left, she kept swishing her hair back and forth.

My little girl is growing up. It makes me happy and sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment