Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The Castle of Ajlun

On February 14, 2011 we visited the Castle of Ajlun.
It was a beautiful castle on the highest mountain in the area.

However, this is the only picture I was able to take at the Castle.


 Adorable? Yes.
Castley? No.

Apparently, cold weather kills my camera batteries.

After we toured and got back to my extra battery... I did get a picture from far away to show you.



See those blocks on top of that mountain? Yep. That's the castle. It was huge. And beautiful. And apparently, you can get married there for a mere 200 J.D. How crazy is that?

While we were touring, our tour guide asked if all of our children were girls. (In Arab cultures, baby girls have their ears pierced as newborns, and because Sophie doesn't, everyone assumes she is a he until I correct them. Even when she is dressed in pink, wearing a pink hat.)

When we told him that yes, all three children are girls, he told me that I was still young enough to bear my husband a son. "You are what, 25? 28? Yes. You are still young enough. Number four will be a boy, insha'allah."

Haha. Thank you so much.


No comments:

Post a Comment