Friday, August 19, 2011

Quick Takes (vol. 4)

Yay, for Quick Takes, huh? Its how you know I'm still alive and well...


1: Its the Pregnant Talking
Brian and I were watching a movie last night and in the movie the suave and debonair man was drinking a martini with three olives. Which made me remember! I have green olives in the kitchen. I bought them weeks ago when I was wanting pickles, hoping they would make a sub-par substitute. They weren't very good. Which may be hard to tell, embarrassingly enough, considering I ate half the jar.

But I promise, they weren't very good... it was just the pregnant talking.

2. Boy or Girl?
Lots of people ask me if I'm hoping for a boy or a girl this time. And since I have three girls already, of course, I would love to have a boy. However, at this point, three girls in, I figure it is probably another girl.

I already know how to do girls. Plus, if it is another girl, I could make this work in their room. And who wouldn't love this? 

                                                                           Source: google.com via Christy on Pinterest


3: Ramadan Lights
All of our local mosques are decorated for the season. Tonight, we stopped the car and snapped a picture, just for you!

  
4: Speaking of Ramadan Lights
The girls insisted we hang our own lights this year. So we did. Along with our very own fanoose (lantern).



5: Current Project
My current project is a stocking for Brian. My mother-in-law made these felt stockings for her children and it has turned into a family tradition that I initially balked at, but have come to really enjoy. Hours of work go into these stockings, but it is addicting and I have a hard time putting it down at the end of the night. The girls each have one, and my goal is to finish Brian's by Christmas.

I then have mine to make and then one for the new baby. Always, around the time I think I'm about to catch up, we add another member to our family. In all actuality, I will probably make the new babies before I make mine.

6: Sweet Tea and Kool-Aid
My sister sent some kool-aid packets in her last package and it is quite the event when I tell the girls they can make kool-aid to go with dinner. I love it because they can do it all by themselves and it helps get them involved with stuff in the kitchen. They spread all the packets out on the counter, categorize them by flavor, choose and re-choose the flavor to go with dinner. Then they actually make the kool-aid. It is cute to watch their process.

You expect children to love kool-aid. But even more than kool-aid, my children love sweet tea. Savannah loves it the most, I think, but really, all three of them love it. We drink a gallon a day. I also make a cold, sweet tea out of Green Mint Tea and I think Savannah loves that even more than the regular tea.

7: Mafeesh Hyga (There is nothing)
Hmmm.... I cannot come up with a #7. Sorry. I suppose 6 will have to do for this week.
The grocery store is calling.


2 comments:

  1. I adore sweet tea. I feel so sad when people look at me oddly when I mention it and say they've never tasted it. Sweet tea makes everything better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pinned that same picture of bunk beds on Pinterest! Aren't they fantastic? I hope I have a girl's room one day that is big enough for me to do something like that. :)

    ReplyDelete