Friday, July 27, 2012

Funnies from the Girls



Me: "Emily, I have extra chores today if you want to make some money."
Emily: "What is it?"
Me: "Vacuum and mop the kitchen for $2."
Emily: "No, you should keep your money, you need it."
Me: "So you want to do the chores for free?"
Emily: "No." (laughing at me)
Me: "You want to pay me to do the chores?"
Emily: "uhhh... No!"
Me: "Well, I have lots of chores today and I need help!"
Emily, looking around the room: "Its okay, Mommy, the house looks fine."

Me: "Savannah! Stop waving those chopsticks around! You are gonna poke me in the eye!"
Savannah giggles.
Me: "It won't be funny."
Savannah: "Maybe a little funny."

Emily: "Sometimes when I need to think, I shake my head around. I imagine that my brain has lots of pockets. Each thing goes in a pocket. Math goes in a pocket. Animals go in a pocket, like that. Everything has a pocket. So when I shake my head around, everything flies out of the pockets and is easier to think of. Then I don't have to go sorting through all the pockets looking for what I'm trying to think about."

I've been working hard at potty training Sophie this week. It is going so well that Emily is begging me to use pull-ups instead of panties. As I was wiping up a puddle today, I muttered: "This is a lot of pee for such a little person." Emily joined in, "I can pee almost as much as Daddy!" Ah, the joys potty training induced conversations.

At lunch today, in Arabic, I asked Emily if she wanted to drink some tea. She replied: "I don't know what you are saying to me. But if you want to speak Arabic to us, you should say it in Arabic and then say it in English, so we know what you are saying." The little one speaks truth.


No comments:

Post a Comment