Friday, August 31, 2012

Emily's First Day of School

I asked her what she wanted to wear for her first day of school... and her Lorax shirt was what she chose.  Little sister had to get in on the morning pictures. 


This was her serious pose. 

And she wanted to do a crazy picture. 

And she wanted pictures with baby Benjamin. 

Emily is a very sweet big sister.


Our first day was very busy. It isn't easy running drop-off and pick-up for one school schedule and educating another at the same time. I don't recommend it as a life strategy. However, it is where I am and we are going to make the best of it. But the first day made me ready for summer.

However, due to the crazy-business of life, we finished Day Three before I could post and now I can tell you that while it is not my ideal situation, it works. That counts as a win, to me!


Since we drop Savannah off so early, we can come home and jump right into school. Benjamin takes a nap because he was awakened so early and Sophie plays happily. By the time nap time and happy play time is over, Emily can work independently and I am free to help her when I need to and take care of the little ones.

One day at a time. 

But I'm happy for a three day weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment