Friday, October 19, 2012

7 Quick Takes: the Random Version

A random assortment of today's jumbled thoughts. Ha.


1. Multiplying Scissors
    Two weeks ago, I couldn't find a pair of scissors to save my life. Seriously. So, I went to Target (because I'm swearing off Walmart as soon as I'm out of the baby food stage) and bought a nice pair of scissors for my kitchen.
    Today, there are 4 pairs of scissors in my kitchen. Why couldn't one of them show up two weeks ago, when I needed them?

2. Halloween Approacheth
      We are going to participate in Halloween in some fashion. I'm not exactly sure how/what but we are, so Emily and I were talking about costumes today. Costumes are crazy expensive. CRaaaaaazy. So we wandered around the store, trying to think of creative, cheaper ideas. She couldn't let go of the idea of fairy wings and somehow that sparked an idea. The girls could wear their fancy Christmas dresses that they only wear once a year with some sparkly, silvery fairy wings and be... Christmas Fairies. Emily loves the idea.

3. Lunch
     Yesterday, Brian's hip was hurting so badly he decided to stay at home and sit all day, hoping that letting it rest would kick-start the feeling better process. He's been hurting since he came home from Oregon. Its been pretty bad for quite awhile. But that meant I could go have lunch with Savannah.


4. Don't Dress Like Wal-Mart
     If you absolutely MUST go to Walmart, don't dress like an employee. *sigh* Mental note to self.

5. Date Night!
     We are having a last minute date tonight! I'm excited. Our sweet babysitter agreed to even watch Benjamin-buddy. I'm happy, so happy! I'm so happy I might even do something with my hair.

6. Whole30
       Yeah. We are going to give it a go. Starting on the 22nd, so if you have done this program and have any helpful hints and recipes, please let me know!

7. Blog Post Rec
     I've been following Jamie's blog for some time and her blog post today spoke to me. She puts her finger on everything that bothers me about times when Grace is thrown about flippantly. Check her out at Fortune Cookie Faith! 

Check out Jen's blog for more Quick Takes! 

No comments:

Post a Comment