Sunday, October 14, 2012

7 Quick Takes

*post started on Friday, finished on Sunday.

1. Potty Training:
 Sophie has the tiniest bladder I've ever met. I know it sounds like I'm complaining, but in the three mornings we've been wearing panties, she's only had one accident. Which is awesome. I do realize that major influence to her potty-ing is the introduction of Skittles. But as long as she actually creates matter in the toilet, I'm cool with it.

2. Personal triumph:
 For the past month I have drunk one Diet Coke a day (with the exception of two days where I drank two Diet Cokes). A couple of months ago, I poured a glass around dinner time and realized I had drunk a whole 2-liter since that morning. I decided that was a bit excessive and it was time to make a change. As soon as I finish the Diet Cokes in my 'fridge, I will be off completely on a daily, regular basis. I'm not saying I will never drink a Diet Coke again, let's not be crazy. But they won't be a daily drink. I'm both proud of myself and worried about who I am becoming. Ha. *I've since been two days without a coke. I'm insanely proud. I even asked for sweet tea at Chik-fil-a yesterday.

3. Petty Crankiness
 Brian just left to go out of town this morning and won't be back till Sunday night. I'm not excited about handling the weekend alone. Again.  I tried to tempt him into staying by offering to let him grill and we could catch up on missed episodes of Revolution. Clearly, his priorities are skewed.
    (For the record, I am 100% supportive of what he is doing this weekend, it is just hard to be the one left behind.)

4. Proving Responsible
 I got the oil changed in the van today. That counts. I also fed, clothed and educated my children today. And I'm making them play outside. After that, we will have pizza and salad for dinner and then have popcorn while we watch this weeks episode of Survivor. A happy childhood is all about balance.

5.  Pictures from the Zoo
 We went to the Zoo again last Monday. Emily's been asking to see the dinosaurs again, so we did that.


All these animals around and Sophie is picking up rocks.

My sweet girls, posing on the buffalo.

The boy and his tongue.

We saw animals, I promise. Live ones, in fact. Including a one-winged eagle.

6. Painting
 One of my survival techniques as I'm parenting alone, is the art of distraction. This weekend, we've done several painting projects.



7. Favorite picture from the weekend

The weekend is almost over. Praise be. I'm ready for Brian to be home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment