Friday, May 27, 2011

Things You Don't See in America: Part 10


This may be one of my favorite pictures. Mostly because we see these donkey-pulled carts everywhere we go. They carry mostly people or vegetables. Sometimes you see one with piles of garlic and onion. You will find them in the most poor areas and on the busiest highways. You see them driven by boys who look to be about 10 years old and by old men.

Before the Revolution, they were never on our street... And I'm sure many of my neighbors are displeased by their presence. However, I love this new aspect of our street. I love hearing the men shout their wares as they walk by. And I often hang my head (and or camera) out the window to watch them interact with my neighbors. Last week I saw a guy buy at least an insane amount of red onions, there were at least 20 pounds. What in the world were they going to do with that many onions? 

No comments:

Post a Comment