Friday, August 17, 2012

7 Quick Takes Friday



First:
     Benjamin suffers from 4th baby syndrome. Poor baby is not going to have many pictures to show at his High School Graduation. But here is one from last night, when he had his first rice cereal.
He was neither impressed nor pleased.

Second:
     I found this sandwich bread in the shape of goldfish! How cute is this?

Third:
    The girls were playing outside in the rain this afternoon and I looked out the window to see them sharing secrets.

Fourth:
    I've started doing market research surveys in my spare time. Last week, I took a survey about cork boards and at the end, they asked if I would try one out for a week and then complete another survey about how I liked it. So far, I really like it.


Fifth:
    Savannah, Benjamin and I went to the schools "meet the teacher" day yesterday. We got to meet her teacher, see her classroom and also buy a "school spirit" shirt. Savannah shook her hand when introduced to her teacher, Ms. G, and answered her questions without hiding behind me. I was very pleased.

Sixth:
    Savannah wants to take her lunch with her to school because she is worried she won't like the school lunches. Fine by me! Does anyone happen to know if the ice packs will keep lunch meat on sandwich cold enough until lunch time? Any lunch packing tips that you can share?

Seventh:
    I went to the Home school Book Store on Wednesday. Spent about 3 hours in there, but came out with most of what I needed for Emily. I ordered the rest except for math... which Emily said was fine with her. haha. As soon as I order math and get a couple of bookshelves, I'm ready for this School year!


3 comments:

  1. Ice packs definitely keep stuff cold until lunch...especially the plastic block kind. Just be sure to put the ice on top of the stuff, not underneath (or you can do both under and over) as it will keep it colder for longer that way. I usually put ice under, over, and on the sides because I am paranoid about it getting below the right temperature and then breeding bacteria, and food poisoning isn't worth it not to, but most normal people just put one or two on top, lol...also, if you get a lunchbox made with insulated lining, it will also help. Thermos brand stuff is great and withstands lots! Also, if you get the thermos stainless steel flasks, both liquid and food can be kept cold or hot for hours...gives you more options for variety. Also, these are more expensive but in the long run totally worth the expense, but thermos foogo straw top flasks are EXCELLENT for drinks. We bought them at babies r us for michael and kelly a few years ago because of international travel because we needed something to be able to hold cold stuff for longer than the typical 3 hours. It keeps stuff cold for 12 hours! We tested them and they work. We put milk in them in Ireland and when we got to America, I took a sip and it was still cold. Not just room temp or slightly cool...I mean cold! They are leakproof (one of the only actual leakproof cups we have been able to find) and have a straw type spout with an attached cap, so nothing to unscrew, spill, or lose. They are about $15 each, which is pricey to me, but we have used them now for 6 years with no problems at all, no leaks, and they can go in the dishwasher.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Tara! This was super helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. also, forgot to say...the thermos foogo cups do best at keeping stuff really cold if you put the drink in it and then refrigerate it until ready to go...

    ReplyDelete