Thursday, August 23, 2012

First Day of School


She was brave and excitedly happy all the way to school. We sang our Blessing Song to her before she got out of the car. She hugged everyone on the way out... but when the door opened and she started to get out, she began to cry. The helper helped her out and took her into the building.

I know Savannah. And I knew she would quickly get over her tears and be happy as a bug in a rug. But it was still sad.

But when I picked her up, she was happy and confident.

Me: "How was your day?" "Good!"
"Did you like your teacher?" "Yes!"
"Do you want to go again tomorrow?" "Yes!"
"Did you make a new friend?" "Yes, but I don't remember her name. I think she is from China and she is 5! Like me!"

When I asked her about lunch, she said her favorite part was the carrots and ranch dressing. I should win extra points today because there are carrots and cucumbers. 


Those of us at home miss her. Sophie asked several times during the day:
"Where 'Nannah, Mommy?" "She's at school!"
"Where Daddy, Mommy?" "He's at work!"

We had a very yummy, happy First Day of School dinner: salmon, asparagus, fresh bread, and spinach strawberry salad, with Death by Chocolate for dessert.

I'm very proud of my Savannah girl!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Several people have asked about how Emily is doing with Savannah going to school. She has been doing really well. She understands how the process worked with the school and didn't take it personally.

She was sad when Savannah got out of the car yesterday, but we've been keeping busy and I'm sure that helps. She will start school next week and that will help as well.

I asked her last week if she wanted to go to a school this year, just a different one than Savannah.
She replied: "Well, mama, if you and daddy really want me to, I will. But I'd really be more comfortable going to the same school as Savannah. I'd just feel better." So she seems happy to wait until next year and continue to be home schooled this year.

I'm excited about our school year this year. I think we are going to have a great year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment